Dear Seminole County Resident,
I have had the privilege of representing you as the District 5 County Commissioner for the past eight years. During that time I have:
• Fought for lower taxes; never voting for a tax increase. Today your tax millage is lower than it was when I was elected to office.
• Reduced the budget by over $80 million
• Fought against a proposed new stormwater fee
• Worked to right-size government; reducing the size of Seminole County Government by over 270 positions while preserving the quality of services we provide to you.
When I ran for office in 2004 my four priorities were:
• Water Resources
• Transportation Challenges
• Stormwater Drainage
• Growth & Redevelopment
I have reached many of my goals but our work is not finished.
After more than 55 years in this community, I think there is still work to be done to ensure this is the best place to live, work, play, and raise a family. My grandson Dermot is the fifth generation of my family to live in this county. I want to make sure future generations will be able to afford to live here and prosper in our county, my home.
Thank you for your continued support and trust.