Dear Seminole County Resident,
I have had the privilege of representing you as the District 5 County Commissioner for the past ten years. During that time I have:
- Fought for lower taxes; never voting for a tax increase. Today your tax millage is lower than it was when I was elected to office.
- Worked to build a stabilization reserve fund when times were good, which saw us through the hard times without raising taxes while reducing the budget by over $80 million.
- Fought against proposed new stormwater fees; proposed septic tank regulations without scientific facts, and other onerous proposed regulations.
- Worked to right-size government; reducing the size of Seminole County Government by over 270 positions while preserving the quality of services we provide to you.
When I ran for office in 2004 my four priorities were:
- Water Resources
- Transportation Challenges
- Stormwater Drainage
- Growth & Redevelopment
I have reached many of my goals but our work is not finished.
After more than 58 years in this community, I think there is still work to be done to ensure this is the best place to live, work, play, and raise a family. My grandson Dermot is the fifth generation of my family to live in this county. I want to make sure future generations will be able to afford to live here and prosper in our county, my home.
Thank you for your continued support and trust.